Welcome to the Augmented Biology Module!
"ZSpace 200 with students" by ZSpace, Inc. - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons
Throughout the next 4 lessons, you will be learning about the technology of augmented reality, the systems of the human body, and take what you’ve learned by putting these two worlds together to help educate among your class. The module will go as follows:
- Lesson 1: Learning about augmented reality.
- Lesson 2: Learning about a system in the human body.
- Lesson 3: Planning and creating an augmented reality journey about your chosen system.
- Lesson 4: Enjoy time learning and going through each other’s work, and providing feedback.
Enjoy learning about the weird and wonderful structures in our bodies that allow us to do everything we do, and the cool new ways augmented reality allows us to show that information to one another!
Augmented reality app iSkull in action. Courtesy of Wikipedia Creative Commons (Accessed 14/5/15).
NSW Science Syllabus Outcome
SC4-14LW3: Multicellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised functions that enable them to survive and reproduce.
• e. describe the role of the digestive, circulatory, excretory, skeletal/muscular and respiratory systems in maintaining a human as a functioning multicellular organism.